Policies, Privacy & Security
For questions about this policy, please call 1-800-344-4739 or send an email to Ashley@HomeSew.com.
To manage your catalog or email subscriptions:
To cancel your subscription to any of our catalogs, please call 1-800-344-4739 or send an email to Ashley@HomeSew.com. Please allow reasonable time to process your request. You can manage your email subscription directly on the website if you like.
Your Privacy at Home Sew
Types of personal information we may gather
Home Sew gathers personal information from you in order to provide superior service, communicate offers on merchandise and services which we believe will be of interest to you, customize our communications to you, administer our business, and improve your shopping experience. The following are examples of the personal information we gather from you.
• Purchases - When you place an order, you give us your name, address, phone number and/or email address plus payment information.
• Non-Purchases - There may be instances when you are not making a purchase at Home Sew and you give us your name, address, phone number and/or email address, and where applicable, payment information, or when somebody else gives us your name, address, phone number and/or email address, and where applicable, payment information. Some situations when this may occur are when you return or exchange merchandise, receive a gift from Home Sew or enter a contest or participate in a promotion or survey sponsored by Home Sew.
• Personal Shopping Account - If you create a Personal Shopping Account with us so that you may place orders more conveniently, you authorize us to store your name and shipping address(es), and payment information.
• Catalog requests - We need your name and address in order to mail you a catalog. We also require a phone number or email address so that we can contact you in the unlikely event there is an error in your address or other delivery problem. To stop receiving catalogs, simply call 1-800-344-4739 or email Ashley@HomeSew.com.
• Email updates -When you subscribe to receive Home Sew mail updates featuring exclusive offers (like free shipping), product news, special discounts, contest announcements and more, we require your e-mail address. You can unsubscribe anytime.
How we use personal information:
We ask you for certain kinds of personal information in order to provide you with the services you request and to process and deliver your order. We also may use your personal information to provide you with customized communications and keep you updated on the latest promotions or products that may interest you.
In addition, our site utilizes 'cookies.' Cookies do not gather any of your personally identifiable information. They do allow us to provide you with a more personalized shopping experience and enable you to fully interact with and complete your transaction on our site.
We do make our mailing list available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest you. If you prefer to have your name withheld, just let us know. In addition, Home Sew cooperates in advertising member networks with other consumer entities where we may communicate your personal information so that select members may inform you about products or services that might interest you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org.
Along with respecting your privacy, Home Sew diligently strives to keep your personal information safe and secure.
What are Cookies?
'Cookies' are small data files that one of our servers sends to your computer via your Web browser when you connect with our Web site. Their primary function is to help us remember you by tracking your browsing sessions, which enables us to collect non-personally identifiable information (such as your IP address, browser type, and domain name, etc.), and provide you with a more relevant shopping experience.
Cookies also help us:
• determine which features and tools you use, and which pages you visit on HomeSew.com
• remember which items you've placed in your shopping bag
• enable you to checkout faster if you've created an account with us
If you have any concerns about leaving cookies on your computer for extended periods, you can delete them using your browser preferences or privacy menus.
Our Business Partners:
In order to ship and track merchandise, we make your name and address available to certain companies that help us provide you with those services.
Mailing List Preferences
If you do not want to have your name shared with non-affiliated companies, or if you no longer wish to receive Home Sew catalogs or emails, please call 1-800-344-4737. You can also contact us via email at Ashley@HomeSew.com. Please include your name and mailing address in the message. If you would like to no longer receive emails from Home Sew, please unsubscribe or click on the 'unsubscribe' link included in all emails sent by Home Sew.
Children's Privacy at Home Sew
Home Sew does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our website with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Moreover, Home Sew is concerned about the safety of children. Occasionally, Home Sew may conduct promotions or contests that allow children under the age of 13 to participate. In those instances, we will use reasonable efforts to obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from these participants. Rest assured that Home Sew will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without making reasonable efforts to obtain verifiable parental consent.
Your information is secure at Home Sew
We go to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. If that security were ever breached, it would cost you nothing - so you can buy online with confidence.
Your financial information is safe
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly difficult to decipher code, which is processed immediately.
By accessing or using any features on HomeSew.com, you agree to be bound by these terms of service. We may periodically change these terms without providing prior notice. So, we recommend that you read these terms carefully each time you use this website.